Colorado Pug Rescue can not survive without its foster parents and other volunteers. Foster parents are loving people who give our pugs a home, get them medical treatment and most of all provide LOVE until a permanent home can be found. Not everyone is cut out to be a foster parent because you can become emotionally attached. However, there are other positions that are filled with people that care and give what time they can to help these adorable dogs. We also welcome volunteers from neighboring states, especially for pre-adoption home visits and help with transportation.
Some of these positions are:
• Home visits to prospective adopters before the pug is placed
• Home visits to prospective foster parents
• Picking up pugs from the shelter or private individuals and delivering them to foster homes or vet clinics
• Organizing & helping at fundraisers
• Educating the public regarding the pug and Colorado Pug Rescue
• Follow-up calls on placed pugs
You can be as active or inactive as you wish to be, picking a job to suit the time you have to spare.
If helping our pugs would be of interest to you, please fill out the questionnaire below. You will be contacted by one of our volunteers within a few days.